Thursday, July 15, 2010

BIG & small

This past weekend I was able to spend some time up at Bass Lake with some very big and very small friends. I will start with my small friend, the little red spider that caught my eye. I was actually very surprised that I saw this little guy as he was only half the size of a grain of sand but his big bold color was begging to be photographed. At first I wasn't sure what this bug was exactly so I took out my macro and began to shoot. As I zoomed in I noticed it had 8 tiny legs. Does anyone know what kind of spider this is? Keep in mind that the rocks pictured below are actually grains of sand, no not gravel, sand.





My big friend is none other than Miss Gucci, the Saint Bernard.



Have you ever spent time with a Saint Bernard? They are wonderful dogs and so calm. She was wonderful to have around the lake and had us sit in all of the most shaded spots. Poor thing was afraid of the water at first and had a little trouble finding a good resting spot on the hill we had chosen but once she got comfortable she had a fabulous time. This is her relaxing on the hill just before she discovered that sitting in the lake was much cooler.

1 comment:

  1. I love it. Awesome pics this round, especially that picturesque middle one of Gucci. ;D

    ReplyDelete